COA has exciting activities and events for families all year round. However, summertime at COA features even more fun! From children’s art workshops to daily meals in Moody Park, COA has got every member of the family covered this summer! Here is just a sample of the exciting programs COA has planned for Milwaukee’s children, youth and families for summer 2019:
- Six and 12-day overnight summer camp sessions at COA’s Camp Helen Brachman give youth the chance to experience action-packed days and nights of fun, friendship, and adventure.
- Daily outdoor programming in sunny Moody Park where children and families can enjoy enrichment activities, including Stories in the Park and Simba Soccer Camp!
- COA is partnering with Hunger Task Force again to provide free daily meals for families at the Goldin Center.
- Day camp for children ages 4-12 features field trips, sports, art, science, recreation and more.
- Daily teen programs for youth ages 13-18 gives young people a positive, safe place to have fun, make friends, learn new skills and explore Milwaukee.
- Family Resource Centers offer families with young children an opportunity to participate in a full range of activities including daily drop-in, parenting classes and Family Camp.
- Daily summer programs at COA’s six Community Learning Centers (CLCs) and two Safe Places provide a nurturing environment where youth can grow. Activities include academic enrichment, sports, and weekly field trips. Programming is offered at COA’s Goldin Center/Auer Ave School, Hopkins-Lloyd Community School, Doerfler School, Lincoln Center of the Arts, Oliver Wendell Holmes School, Westside Academy, Dr. MLK Jr. School and Keefe Avenue School.
- Last but not least, COA’s annual Skyline Music series is a free, family-friendly concert series offered in nearby Kadish Park. Join us every Tuesday this summer from 5:30-8:30pm, July 9th through August 20th.
COA will also honor two great Milwaukee couples at our annual Parents of the Year Luncheon, held on Monday, August 12th at the Italian Community Center from 11:30am – 1:30pm. Throughout the summer, COA and Hunger Task Force’s Goldin Center community food pantry is open every Wednesday and Saturday. Stay connected with COA through Facebook and Twitter to receive updates on new and exciting programs and events for the whole family this summer.